PHOTO: Foodie Pages
Rosé has been a warm-weather go-to for the last couple years, but it recently did a tasty tango with sugar and ice and everything nice to create this summer’s trendy, must-try drink: frosé. If your summer hasn’t been filled with frosé thus far, we’re not judging (okay, maybe a little), but it’s not too late. We’ve found a simple recipe you can make at home!
Frosé (frozen rosé cocktails)
Originally by Bon Appetit
1 bottle of Dark Rosé (Merlot or Pinot Noir Rosé)
½ cup sugar
8 oz. strawberries, hulled and quartered (a little over 1 cup)
2.5 oz fresh lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
1. Pour rosé into a glass baking dish and freeze for at least 6 hours. It won’t freeze all the way due to its alcohol content, but it’ll get nice and slushy.
2. Boil water and sugar in a medium saucepan, stirring until the sugar dissolves completely. Add strawberries, remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes.
3. Strain the strawberry mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl or mason jar. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Scrape the mostly-frozen rosé into a blender and add lemon juice and 3.5 oz of the strawberry syrup. Blend until smooth.
5. Freeze mixture for 30 minutes and then blend again.
6. Serve! To make it even more tasty, dip the glass rims in sugar.
Share this recipe to get your besties excited for the next girl’s night! And be sure to leave a comment below if you have any other fun, refreshing summer drink recipes.